Looking for CMS (Content Management System)

Tom

Hi,

I am currently looking for a Content Management System for one of my project
in ASP.NET.

Here are the requirements:

* web based content management
* ability to enter content/fragment in a structured way (mixture of plain
text input fields, drop-downs, radio buttons and rich text fields)
* ability to personalise content entry forms (so select the input fields
relevant to each content type)
* support for multilingual content (base version in English)
* some .NET components/controls exposing the CMS data (fragments, attributes
etc) for creation of templates in ASP.NET
* some sort of asset library, to select and upload pictures
* some security model based on roles and users
* maximum $20,000 licence per site, can be limited number of content editors

No need for:
* checkin /check out
* versioning
* searching
* workflow

Unfortunatly, MS CMS is too expensive for this project ($24,000 per CPU).

I think we could build something like this ourselves with SQL server as a
repository, but I would appreciate if someone could point me to existing
packages, compatible with .NET.

Many thanks,
Sebastien

Bryan Thrasher

It sounds like Empower by Activehead might fit your needs.

http://www.activehead.com

I'm not certain about the multi-lingual capabilities, but it is an
excellent tool. It is extensible so if it does not do what you need
natively, you, or Activehead can customize it.