Lost in Translation

jonefer

Please help, I'm using a converter to translate some C# code.

The following code written in C# does not translate well to Visual Basic
(If I paste it in a C# page, however it has no problems compiling)

//C# Code.....

private string GridViewSortDirection
{
get { return ViewState["SortDirection"] as string ?? "ASC"; }
set { ViewState["SortDirection"] = value; }
}

private string GridViewSortExpression
{
get { return ViewState["SortExpression"] as string ?? string.Empty; }
set { ViewState["SortExpression"] = value; }
}

' Here is the VB equivalent

Private Property GridViewSortDirection() As String
Get
Return ViewState("SortDirection") as String ?? "ASC"
End Get
Set (ByVal Value As String)
ViewState("SortDirection") = value
End Set
End Property

Private Property GridViewSortExpression() As String
Get
Return ViewState("SortExpression") as String ?? String.Empty
End Get
Set (ByVal Value As String)
ViewState("SortExpression") = value
End Set
End Property

'----------------------------------------------------------------
' Converted from C# to VB .NET using CSharpToVBConverter(1.2).
' Developed by: Kamal Patel (http://www.KamalPatel.net)
'----------------------------------------------------------------

CaffieneRush

Vb.Net 2.0 or earlier does not have the coalesce operator (double
question mark).
So you'll need to write it out like so:

Get
Dim o As Object = ViewState("SortExpression")
If o Is Nothing Then
Return String.Empty
Else
Return CStr(o)