Mail Attachments

Andrew Robinson

Using SmtpMail and MailMessage, is it possible to create an attachment
without writing out a physical file?

The data that I need to attach is pure text, but I would like to generate my
email and attachment dynamically all in memory.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Andrew,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Andrew

Kevin,

Would be interested in your answer, but we have come up with a workaround
for now. The email as an attachment was a requirement for a vendor of ours,
but it seems they will allow data / text directly in the body of the email.

-Andrew

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Andrew,

As for the System.Web.Mail, currently it hasn't provide any other means for
is a good idea, and recommend that you submit this request to our dev guys:

www.microsoft.com/mswish

Hope it'll soon appear in the future version.

Also, if we do need to dynamically load binary file from inmemory stream,
we may consider some other 3rd party Mail components such as the ASPNET
mail. Also, for most questions on System.Web.Mail component, we can have a
look at the following FAQ:

http://www.systemwebmail.com/

Hope also helps. Thanks,

Steven Cheng