mailing list?

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "mailing list?"

|did something happen to the mailing list/. number of messages that
|have come in dropped way off.

I did something bad in the list configuration early today (JST).
Maybe it was a punishment for using a list server written in Perl. ;-)

matz.

gabriele renzi

il Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:16:09 +0900, tony summerfelt
did something happen to the mailing list/. number of messages that
have come in dropped way off.

I thought of this too, but I can't see the usual
response-to-an-unknown-answer messages that were related to broken
gateway.

I think this just relates to:

- an increasing of posts in the last (maybe 2? ) weeks, way more than
the normal (we got more messages than c.l.py nearly everyday, while
tipically there are much less), so the reducing is much more visible.

- it's summer, people stay a little more away of computers

- many usual writers are at OSCON. IIRC tomorrow is the R-Day, with 6
ruby sessions :)

Phil Tomson

il Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:16:09 +0900, tony summerfelt

I thought of this too, but I can't see the usual
response-to-an-unknown-answer messages that were related to broken
gateway.

I think this just relates to:

- an increasing of posts in the last (maybe 2? ) weeks, way more than
the normal (we got more messages than c.l.py nearly everyday, while

That's an interesting trend.
tipically there are much less), so the reducing is much more visible.

- it's summer, people stay a little more away of computers

true, but it's been summer for a while now.
- many usual writers are at OSCON. IIRC tomorrow is the R-Day, with 6
ruby sessions :)

However, they remain in constant contact thanks to the WiFi that blankets
the Hotel (and Portland in general).

Phil

Mark Hubbart

il Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:16:09 +0900, tony summerfelt

I thought of this too, but I can't see the usual
response-to-an-unknown-answer messages that were related to broken
gateway.

In the past week, I have noticed at least a few responses that are
missing the original post. Some followups without originals: 107732
107642 107605 107414

I didn't check these against the mailing list archives; I'm just going
off what showed up in my inbox.

cheers,
Mark

James Britt

Mark said:
In the past week, I have noticed at least a few responses that are
missing the original post.

Same here. Thought maybe I had too much coffee.

James

daz

Mark said:
In the past week, I have noticed at least a few responses that are
missing the original post. Some followups without originals:

107731 Subject: Re: Stupid ODBC!
107732 Subject: Re: [Not so?] Stupid ODBC!
(Created a new thread)
107642 ???

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/107640
(which I have in ML & NG)

This was redirected (mid-thread) from ruby-core to ruby-talk.
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/3228

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/89865
(very old 15 Jan 2004 - probably no longer on your server)
cheers,
Mark

Thanks for your vigilance,

:daz