mailto forces line break

James McIver

I wonder if anyone could please help me with a problem. One of my
pages at www.bromleyparishchurch.org/enquiries/baptisms.php is
causing me grief. Everywhere that I have put a mailto in, it seems to
have caused a line break in every browser that I have tried, but I
can't find why, yet it works fine in other pages!!!
Any suggestions???
I KNOW that mailtos are not really a good idea, but if someone could
give me a simple way round them!
Jim

Kris

I wonder if anyone could please help me with a problem. One of my
pages at www.bromleyparishchurch.org/enquiries/baptisms.php is
causing me grief. Everywhere that I have put a mailto in, it seems to
have caused a line break in every browser that I have tried, but I
can't find why, yet it works fine in other pages!!!
Any suggestions???
I KNOW that mailtos are not really a good idea, but if someone could
give me a simple way round them!

It has little to do with mailto links.
The following line and similar lines in your stylesheet at
<http://www.bromleyparishchurch.org/bpc.css>
are the culprits

..blank .menu a:link {

display: block;

}

display:block; will render your anchor tags like they were so-called
block-level elements. A paragraph (<p>), table (<table>) or a heading
(<h1>) are examples of block-level elements.

Remove the property, or change it to display:inline;

Additional suggestions:
- make your links clear as such. Right now they look like plain text.
- mailto links are ok, if you are limited to them, but use them wisely:
"Please drop us a line at (e-mail address removed)", this enables even people
who do not have an e-mail client installed (public libraries,
schools, internet pubs) and/or configured to use your contact method,
by writing the address down or copying it to their Hotmail account.

James McIver

Kris said:
[...]

Thank you very much for the help. I never thought of the CSS!
Jim