makeing a page visible to everyone without needing to login

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Srinivas, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Srinivas

    Srinivas Guest

    Hi,

    I have a folder called 'secure' containing many pages and these can be
    accessed after going through forms authentication. But I want one of the
    files appPage.aspx to be visible to everyone.

    I am using following code in web.config located in 'secure' folder.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Is there a way to make the file appPage.aspx visible to everyone without
    needing to login.

    Thanks

    Srinivas

    Srinivas, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Srinivas

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    look at the <location></location> tag in the web.config to exclude indivual
    pages (and I believe files)

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 3, 2004

  3. Srinivas

    Srinivas Guest