MasterPages + Forms

Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a bit of a problem regarding masterpages and forms

The way I see it a masterpage should be an easy way of giving same layout features for many different pages. But why do I then have to place a contentplaceholder within a form!? To me, this seems very dumb.

On the different pages on my site (that have a specific masterpage) I have different features which have normal html forms that POST to scripts etc. But after tying to get it to work I finally realized that it wont since I have an HTML form inside the ContentPlaceHolder surrounded by <form runat=server> tags.

So...now what should I do...I see no point in using the MasterPage since I'm restricted to the parent form or NO form! Microsoft.... :hmm2: :argh:

Any solutions or alternatives?

Ad