md5/sha1

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

Hello,
where can I find ready to use functions for hasing into md5 and sha1 ?

I.e. ansi C code like:

void makeMd5(unsigned char* input, long size, unsigned char* output) {
}

Ready to copy/paste into application?

What is the license for SHA1/MD5 can I use it in my commercialn
application?

Can You point me to some other news groups that would be good for this
question?

TIA

}

Ready to copy/paste into application?

What is the license for SHA1/MD5 can I use it in my commercialn
application?

Can You point me to some other news groups that would be good for this
question?

The question isn't appropriate here; I'm not sure in which newsgroup
it might be. However, google can often be of service :)

RFC 1321 defines the details of the MD5 hashing algorithm, and
includes old traditional-style source code. The source code can be
used as-is, free-of-charge, and free for any use whatsoever, provided
that your program identifies itself as a derivative of the "RSA Data
Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm". Unfortunately, you'll
need to remove headers and footers from each page, but this can be
done fairly painlessly; also I'm sure you may find header- and
footer-less versions somewhere.

This is at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1321.txt

A definition and accompying source code for SHA1 is also available, in
RFC 3174; http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3174.txt

HTH, HAND.
-Micah