MD5CryptoServiceProvider class

Viktor Popov

Hi !

I have a question:) I'm using the MD5CryptoServiceProvider class because I
encrypt the user's password when he/she opens the registration form. The
question is when a user creates for his/herself an account where does the
encryption commit? On the client side(his PC) or on the Server side? I think
that it's the second but I'm not sure.That's why I'm asking you:)

Thank you!

Viktor

Ben Lucas

If you are using the MD5CryptoServiceProvider on an ASP.Net page, then it is
happening on the server side. If you are using it in something like a
client-side application, then on the client side.