MembershipProviders and the Web Admin panel

MattBell

I developed my own custom Membership provider to access our legacy
application's user store. It all works great, and allows me to easily drop
Login controls into my web applications. I have a couple of questions though:

1) The Web Admin panel display's all of my users, and has options to
update/delete these users. Who has access to the web admin panel? Is there
a way I can slap a login control onto the admin panel, and restrict access to
it?

2) Our user store has more fields than the standard MembershipUser class
contains. Is it a common practice to extend the MembershipUser class to
include my additional fields, and does the web admin panel play nice with
extended classes? Or do you usually just use the standard MembershipUser
class and write your own admin panel to display the information pertaining to
our user store?

Thanks for any advice,
Matt Bell