Memory controller

vasudev

Dear Friends,
I wanna start coding a VHDL memory controller. Please, advise, how
to begin........
Thanx,
Vasu.

Christian Schneider

vasudev said:
Dear Friends,
I wanna start coding a VHDL memory controller. Please, advise, how
to begin........
Thanx,
Vasu.

At first I would try to get the datasheet of the RAM.
Sorry I could not resist :)

Best regards,
Chris

FMF

Christian said:
At first I would try to get the datasheet of the RAM.
Sorry I could not resist :)

Best regards,
Chris

I would go farther and get a model of the RAM. You will need to verify
the interface.

Rick

jandc

I would first decide WHICH type of RAM I'm going to use. Quite a
difference between a SRAM controller and an QDR-RAM controller...