Memory utilization for Windows services

Jay Kavimandan

Hello ,
I am using Windows Services created in VsNET2002 in my Project.The Memory utilization of Services goes on Incrasing from around 20 Mb to 200 Mb in no duration.
The services is a Multithreaded and Number of instances are created rapidly,so the Objects are created rapidly on the stack.Is there any method to Set the Object to Nothing and free up the memory before the Garbage collecter will do its work ???

Thanks,
Jay

Prasad

you are not specified the .net language you have used

in vb.net say object = nothing
in c#, object =null;

or else you can use the object's Finalize() in vb.net

you can call GC.Collect() method which Forces garbage collection