META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" & IsPostBack

chortler

When I use the meta tag to refreh my asp webpage, it doesn't change
Ispostback to false; It always equals true?

Any ideas??

Ad

Guest

If the request being refreshed is a postback then Ispostback would be true
each time.

vMike

When I use the meta tag to refreh my asp webpage, it doesn't change
Ispostback to false; It always equals true?

Any ideas??
Not sure what you are trying to do but you can add a querystring to your
meta refresh that you can detect server side to know that it was the result
of the meta refresh and not a "new" request. You would also have to make
sure you can detect old meta refreshes that someone bookmarked.
Mike

vMike

vMike said:
Not sure what you are trying to do but you can add a querystring to your
meta refresh that you can detect server side to know that it was the result
of the meta refresh and not a "new" request. You would also have to make
sure you can detect old meta refreshes that someone bookmarked.
Mike
Another approach is javascript using setTimeout and window.location along
with an added querystring you can detect serverside.
Mike

Ad

chortler

Thanks for all your help. I'll go and investigate about adding a
querystring to the code.

Ad

Top