MFC ActiveX Self Register

eusebiu

Hello... I am developing a MFC ActiveX that I want to self register
when IE promts to Install it.

I have added the VALUE "OLESelfRegister", "\0" to activex's resource
file (.rc) and I have STDAPI DllRegisterServer(void) method in my
code.

When I build my ActiveX project, the ActiveX is registered fine and it
work on my machine. If I added to a .cab file(cabarc -s 6144 N
myactivex.cab myactivex.ocx myactivex.inf myactivex) and then sign
it(signtool sign /a myactivex.cab) and I try to display the page from
OTHER machine in my local network, I get a dialog that is asking me if
I want to install it or not.I click install but the ActiveX is not
displayed.

The object tag is :

object id="MyActiveX1" width="655" height="347" codebase='../../
Applets/myactivex.cab'
classid="CLSID:069B70F6-47F4-4b0a-
B08D-73A9F2F2EB36">
<param name="_Version" value="65536">
<param name="_ExtentX" value="2646">
<param name="_ExtentY" value="1323">
<param name="_StockProps" value="0">
18">ActiveX control failed to load! (Use Internet Explorer
only!)
Please check browser security
settings.</span>
</object> and the inf file is :

[Add.Code]
myactivex.ocx=myactivex.ocx
myactivex.inf=myactivex.inf

[myactivex.ocx]
file-win32-x86=thiscab
clsid={069B70F6-47F4-4b0a-B08D-73A9F2F2EB36}
RegisterServer=yes
FileVersion=1,0,0,1

[myactivex.inf]
file-win32-x86=thiscab