Microsoft buys Linux

Alf P. Steinbach

* hbrt:
Is this normal here - posting spamming messages, with ads?
I'm a new user, I really don't know much about moderating habits
here :)

This group is not moderated.

The corresponding moderated group is [comp.lang.c++.moderated].

Maybe there is a way to delete this kind of "topics"?

Yes, you can use a news-server that filters spam (most do), via an
ordinary news client such as Forte Agent, Thunderbird, Opera, whatever,
instead of Google Groups.

Victor Bazarov

hbrt said:
Is this normal here - posting spamming messages, with ads?

Some regulars have noticed the increase of spam as of late. But,
generally speaking, it's normal for an unmoderated newsgroup.
I'm a new user, I really don't know much about moderating habits
here :)

Stick around, you'll get to experience them. They aren't really
"moderating habits", more like "bitching habits of regulars".
Maybe there is a way to delete this kind of "topics"?

Not really. Unless the ISP or Usenet gateway provider from which
those originate, actually does something to prevent those, there
is nothing that can be done. Just learn to live with them.