Migrating ASP.NET projects between VS.NET 2002 and VS.NET 2003

Guest

hi everyone.

How do you migrate a project built using VS.NET 2002 to VS.NET 2003 and
back? I'm doing ASP.NET applications and haven't found out how to move
projects to and from. At work I use VS.NET 2002 on a 2000 pro machine. Most
of the time I try to take my work home but I run into big problems trying to
set up the application to run on VS.NET 2003/2000 Pro. It seems that IIS
can't locate my project when I try to load the project on my home laptop.

I usually take the IIS folder that contains my VS.NET project at work and
move to the same location on my laptop running IIS. Create the virtual
directory and hope that everything is all good....but it is not. After
fiddling with the files it usually loads. What I would like to have is a
process for doing this back and forth migration and have the project geared
toward the .NET Framework 1.1.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Markus McGee

John M Deal

I don't know if either of these will fit your situation but they both
claim to be able to convert VS.Net projects between versions. Hope one
of them helps.

http://www.codeproject.com/macro/vsconvert.asp

http://jsp.mobikom.com/stoyan/vspc/vspc_.html

Note that I can't vouch for either (and can't get access to the second
one from my location) but I found them through a couple of sites I trust
(not that it means anything to you, but it makes me more comfortable :)

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software