Missing Something ( Insert )

Mangler

I am running a stored proc that aborts an insert if the result is "YES"

Well all inserts are being aborted and i cant figure out why. Maybe I
am missing a line or have something wrong?

<CODE>

If (spDupresult) = "YES" Then
MM_abortEdit = true

If (Not MM_abortEdit) Then
' execute the insert
Set MM_editCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
MM_editCmd.ActiveConnection = MM_editConnection
MM_editCmd.CommandText = MM_editQuery
MM_editCmd.Execute
MM_editCmd.ActiveConnection.Close

If (MM_editRedirectUrl <> "") Then