    This flexible API has been designed to be run with any protocol and
    format". It's exact???, can I write an application ,with MMAPI
    classes, that runs on PersonalJava or J2SE????

    Fbx, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Can you cite where the above quote came? It seems the person who wrote
    that does not understand what the MMAPI is. It's is a *J2ME* optional
    API set. It won't run on PJava. It wasn't designed for J2SE (there are
    already existing APIs to do the work). It was designed to run on J2ME
    configurations such as the CLDC and the CDC.

    The person who wrote the above is wrong when they claimed it would run
    on PersonalJava and J2SE. And why they add "JDK" to the list and what
    it's supposed to refer to is beyond me...

    Darryl Pierce, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Fbx

    Fbx Guest

    I read it on a pdf.Document,only just I find it I send you; can you
    tell me what i must utilize to write application that playback and
    captures audio (voice and file.wav) on platform as PersonalJava or
    JDK(1.1.8) I want to write it for my iPAQ (where is installed Jeode VM
    that is compatible with PersonalJ. and JDK1.1.8)

    Fbx, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Sorry, I can't help you. PJava has been EOL'd, and I have no familiarity
    with it.

    Darryl Pierce, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Fbx

    Fbx Guest

    O.K., another question:Do you know if I can utilize CLDC with your
    MMAPI on my iPAQ Pocket PC???that is, if Can I put CLDC( with
    KVirtualMachine) and profile on Pocket Pc to run MIDlet????

    Fbx, Mar 2, 2005
  6. Are you asking if you can port the CLDC, MIDP and MMAPI? Yes, you can
    port them, though for the MMAPI you will have to write your own hooks
    into the implementation to support the APIs.

    Darryl Pierce, Mar 4, 2005