mod_python mime type question

Uwe Mayer

Hi,

I have a little mime-type problem running python with apache using
mod_python.
I'm on a Debian unstable system with Apache v1.3.31 and mod_python
v2:2.7.10-3:

I installed mod_python the debian way, checked that
LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_python.so

is in the modules.conf file, added the "AddHandler python-program .py" line
and set up an example as in the www-documentation.

When browsing to .../myscript.py Mozilla pops up with "Don't know how to
handle text/x-python mime type". Changing this in mime.types to "text/html"
everything works fine.
Also the documentation sets the mime type to text/x-python.

Now, which setting is wrong?

Ciao
Uwe