Monitoring threads in Java.

jaj_developer

All,

Is there a program/utility/class lib (pref gpl) that allows a user to
monitor the threads (like the one in Eclipse, but stand alone)?

The reason I ask is because I have an applet that has athread issue and
I cannot debug it when it's running as an applet, so i'ds like to
monitor the tread.

Does this sort of thing exist?

Thanks in advance

Jaj

ByteCoder

All,

Is there a program/utility/class lib (pref gpl) that allows a user to
monitor the threads (like the one in Eclipse, but stand alone)?

The reason I ask is because I have an applet that has athread issue
and I cannot debug it when it's running as an applet, so i'ds like to
monitor the tread.

Does this sort of thing exist?

Thanks in advance

Jaj

I think you are looking for a profiling application (profiler). I
suppose there is a profiler plugin for Eclips, but I doubt there is a
stand-alone profiling application.

Roland

All,

Is there a program/utility/class lib (pref gpl) that allows a user to
monitor the threads (like the one in Eclipse, but stand alone)?

The reason I ask is because I have an applet that has athread issue and
I cannot debug it when it's running as an applet, so i'ds like to
monitor the tread.

Does this sort of thing exist?

Thanks in advance

Jaj
You can debug an applet when it's running in your browser. All you have
to do is to specify the appropriate runtime parameters in the Java
Control Panel: in the control panel select "Java" tab and press "View"
of "Java applet runtime settings" and add the following parameter:

-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=localhost:9999,suspend=n

If you are using Eclipse, you create a "Remote Java application" run
configuration (menu Run->Debug..., select "Remote Java application",
press New) with Host and Port matching the address given in -Xrunjdwp.

After you finished debugging, remove the -Xrunjdwp parameter from the
Java control panel. Otherwise the browser/plugin keeps listenening for
debug sessions on the specified port (might be a security risk).
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___

Ross Bamford

I think you are looking for a profiling application (profiler). I
suppose there is a profiler plugin for Eclips, but I doubt there is a
stand-alone profiling application.

JProfiler?