More or less?

Max André Bündchen

At a big project that will use WS for communications between the clients and the server, what's the best approach in terms of
performance? A few WS with hundreds of webmethos or many WS with a few webmethos (if this does matter, of course).

Thanks

Max

Josh Twist

Hi Max (again),

With regards your question - performance wise there should be no
difference between 10 WS with 1 method and 1 WS with 10 methods.
However, 10 WS with 1 method could be easily split between servers if
performance becomes an issue (scalability).

However, performance isn't really a consideration when I decide what
methods go into what Web Services. I just group the methods together
where it makes most sense, similar to how I group functionality into
objects with OO. It's all about separation of concerns and reuse. Then,
if I need to scale out, I can load balance any of the services that are
underpeforming.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/