Mouse and/or keyboard simulation

lamb2000

No one in the world knows the answer to my question!
" Is it possible to emulate in Python for Linux the mouse and/or the keyboard?"
I am coming from XP, where I have plenty of methods (AutoIt, Macro Express,
Macro Scheduler and even VBA macro registration in Excel).

It is not necessary that I use Python (it should be better!). The goal of my request is
obviously automatization of tasks in X environment, like shell programming in non-graphic
environment.
Examples of application could be:
- Send queries to the server exacly simulating what I do by hand (urllib technique is difficult
to apply with certain servers...)
- Send to the printer or delete part of documents
- ... and so on

I know that all this tasks could be programmed, but for a newbie like me it is easier to
follow what I already know.null

Lycos Mail: casella da 300 MB gratis per te con sicurezza antispam e antivirus - http://mail.lycos.it

Radovan Garabik

lamb2000 said:
[-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: us-ascii, 21 lines --]

No one in the world knows the answer to my question!
" Is it possible to emulate in Python for Linux the mouse and/or the keyboard?"
I am coming from XP, where I have plenty of methods (AutoIt, Macro Express,
Macro Scheduler and even VBA macro registration in Excel).

It is not necessary that I use Python (it should be better!). The goal of my request is
obviously automatization of tasks in X environment, like shell programming in non-graphic
environment.
Examples of application could be:
- Send queries to the server exacly simulating what I do by hand (urllib technique is difficult
to apply with certain servers...)
- Send to the printer or delete part of documents
- ... and so on

I know that all this tasks could be programmed, but for a newbie like me it is easier to
follow what I already know.null

what you want is an interface to xtest

look for xautomation package (not python, but calling xautomation from
python is trivial)

I used it successfully to get an information out of old win3.1 program
running under WINE
(10000 times (pagedown + screenshot + OCR))

| Radovan Garabík http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__ garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk |