Moving datalistitems

tshad

I want to be able to allow my users to move DataListItems up and down
without going back to the database. I assumed that your DataListItems were
only pointers ( I am probably wrong here) and would be able to move the
pointers around, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I tried this:

Dim oItem as DataListItem
oItem = oList.Items(1)
oList.Items(1) = oList.Items(2)
oList.Items(2) = oItem

which works until you get the 3rd line which gives you an error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30526: Property 'Item' is 'ReadOnly'.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom