Mozilla C++ programming practices

Ivan Vecerina

Ioannis Vranos said:

Most of those seem acceptable to me, the main exception being
"testing the return value of new for null". But this may have
been justified by the non-conformance of some C++ platforms
until few years ago.
The initialization syntax is a matter of taste.
Then there is the portability guidelines...

As their name implies, these guidelines are about portability.
I am finally in a situation where the C++ compilers I use are all
nearly conformant, and support templates correctly (well, template
export aside...). But this wasn't the case 3 years ago.
I would agree that it might be time to modernize some of these
guidelines now, but that debate would best be brought to one
of the Mozilla mailing lists.

Many projects still demand that code be written in plain C (no C++),
for the sake of portability, so in a way Mozilla has a relatively
"modern" approach ;)

Cheers,
Ivan