Mr Oldies fan club

richard

I found a forum in which a few users are saying my oldies site is something
that has been needed for a long time.
That is my goal.
To become a presence in the light of youtube.
It's just going to take time to build it.
After all, youtube started with one simple post.

So maybe in 30 years I could become a millionaire and live off the site eh?
yeah right.

dorayme

richard said:
So maybe in 30 years I could become a millionaire and live off the site eh?
yeah right

If you become a billionaire in that time you can arrange to have
flowers regularly adorn the graves of all who have helped you get
there.

Evan Platt

I found a forum in which a few users are saying my oldies site is something
that has been needed for a long time.

hahahah. Bullshit.

Let's see the link.
That is my goal.
To become a presence in the light of youtube.
It's just going to take time to build it.

As I said, it's going to take you DECADES. Anyone with experience
would have it done in days.
After all, youtube started with one simple post.

So maybe in 30 years I could become a millionaire and live off the site eh?
yeah right.

And maybe in 30 years, you'll have a dome home completed too.

Denis McMahon

I found a forum in which a few users are saying my oldies site is
something that has been needed for a long time.

In other news, the continental USA has been attacked and completely
overwhelmed by squadrons of Iranian aero-porcines.

Evan Platt

In other news, the continental USA has been attacked and completely
overwhelmed by squadrons of Iranian aero-porcines.

I'd be willing to bet I found it.

http://www.top40db.net/forum/?nStep=1&PostID=38743

Don in Canada says
"A 'friend' is just putting the finishing touches to this site
mroldies.net/
Far from done, it is still a work in progress

He wants to put every charted Billboard song up! BALLS!!!!
It's not very eye-candy driven, but for what it does...amazing"

Doesn't look like "a few people" but the sky is a different color in
bullis's world.

Doug Miller

Ed Mullen said:
I normally ignore all this crap about his site and stuff. But, I can't
remember, has there been any discussion about copyrights regarding his
pages?
There has been a *lot* of discussion about copyrights. RtS doesn't think that the copyright
laws apply to him -- he's apparently under some delusions about "fair use" exemption.

Evan Platt

I normally ignore all this crap about his site and stuff. But, I can't
remember, has there been any discussion about copyrights regarding his
pages?

"Unlike other database sites, I am a legally licensed broadcaster so I
can offer the actual tunes online. "

I wonder what his belief of being a 'legally licensed broadcaster'
entails.

I'd bet he's 100% wrong.

richard

"Unlike other database sites, I am a legally licensed broadcaster so I
can offer the actual tunes online. "

I wonder what his belief of being a 'legally licensed broadcaster'
entails.

I'd bet he's 100% wrong.

see the US COpyright office. Look up infringement.
my host said I needed a license to broadcast.
I'm not about to give up mu work over the issue of a licemse and get
slapped into court and wind up paying a huge fine for not having a license.

richard

There has been a *lot* of discussion about copyrights. RtS doesn't think that the copyright
laws apply to him -- he's apparently under some delusions about "fair use" exemption.

What makes you think I am violating copyright law?
Just because someone slapped "copyright" on a web page doesn't mean it is.
Lists can not be copyrighted.
There is nothing on my site that is copyright protected by Billboard.
That is why I have a license. So I can legally broadcast the music.

And yes, "fair use" can be applied.
But since you seem to be a copyright attorney, why don't you file charges
against me and take me to court?

richard

I normally ignore all this crap about his site and stuff. But, I can't
remember, has there been any discussion about copyrights regarding his
pages?

what in particular are you asking about?

Evan Platt

And yes, "fair use" can be applied.
But since you seem to be a copyright attorney, why don't you file charges
against me and take me to court?

And that my friends is proof bullis doesn't understand how copyright
laws work.

richard

You mention in other replies that you have a license to broadcast. What
license and issued by whom?

ASCAP and BMI.
BMI=Broadcast Music Inc.
ASCAP=American Society of Composers, Authors and Producers.
Each author belongs to one or the other.
You pay an annual fee for the legal right to air the music.
Every radio station pays the same fees for the same rights.
You can also get a "blanket" license from the Library of Congress.

With ASCAP they want a quarterly report showing which songs were played
during that time so the artists or authors can get paid.
How that part works I have no idea.

In the music industry, artists are paid first by the sale of a record.
Then they are paid by a "performance", and that is defined by law as merely
broadcasting the song.

Then there is another type of license called "mechanical" which is for when
you want to include the song with a video.That is obtained from the
producer or label of the song.

Both ASCAP and BMI websites have a page explaining the "blanket" license.
Or as they call it, "new media".

Doug Miller

What makes you think I am violating copyright law?

The literally hundreds of audio files of copyrighted music you have there.
Just because someone slapped "copyright" on a web page doesn't mean it is.

Wrong again.
Lists can not be copyrighted.

Wrong again.
There is nothing on my site that is copyright protected by Billboard.

That may or may not be true...
That is why I have a license. So I can legally broadcast the music.

Oh, you have, have you? When did that magically happen, after all these years of insisting
that you didn't need to do anything? How much do you pay ASCAP and RIAA in royalties?
And yes, "fair use" can be applied.

No, it can't.
But since you seem to be a copyright attorney, why don't you file charges
against me and take me to court?

You don't understand *anything* about the legal system, do you?
1) There are no "charges" to be filed, because you're not committing a crime. Infringing a
copyright is a civil offense.
2) Since it's not *my* copyright that you're infringing, I have no standing to take any legal
action against you, because I'm not being harmed by your infringement of a copyright
belonging to someone else.
3) I imagine that, in due time, those "someone elses" whose copyrights you are infringing
will notice that, and then they will take you to court -- at which time their attorneys and the
judge will explain to you how copyright law works.

richard

Oh my God.

Let's all send the URL: http://mroldies.net/

to ASCAP and BMI and see what happens.

www.ascap.com

www.bmi.com

If he really does have a "license" he will be paying for
plays/downloads/uses. So, let's all go to his site and stream endlessly.

Until he comes clean, my belief is there is no way his site is free for
him. I've had some dealings with the rights organizations and years of
copyright issues.

I know the guy's an obvious idiouit but ...

and if you get a response, they will tell you that I have paid my dues to
them.
my host is satisfied that I have the licenses.
I could care less what you're pathetic little opinion is.

wassamatter bunky? did you get sued over copyright infringement?

dorayme

Ed Mullen said:
richard wrote: ....
Oh my God.

Let's all send the URL: http://m...

to ASCAP and BMI and see what happens.

Let's not! Surely this sort of thing lowers the tone of this
potentially useful newsgroup. Why encourage the lynch mob mentality
that is always present in usenet?

Evan Platt

You don't understand *anything* about the legal system, do you?

No, he doesn't. He's said before "If you believe I have child porn on
my computer, go to your court and file charges against me for it."

Evan Platt

and if you get a response, they will tell you that I have paid my dues to
them.
Right.

my host is satisfied that I have the licenses.

Your host doesn't care.
I could care less what you're pathetic little opinion is.

Maybe you should look up the difference between could and couldn't.

Evan Platt

ASCAP and BMI.
BMI=Broadcast Music Inc.
ASCAP=American Society of Composers, Authors and Producers.
Each author belongs to one or the other.
You pay an annual fee for the legal right to air the music.
Every radio station pays the same fees for the same rights.
You can also get a "blanket" license from the Library of Congress.

Really? Please provide a link to where I can get a license from the
Library of Congress.
With ASCAP they want a quarterly report showing which songs were played
during that time so the artists or authors can get paid.
How that part works I have no idea.

But you have a license from ASCAP. So you need to have a way to tell
them how much you broadcasted.

So which is it?