    After all, youtube started with one simple post.

    So maybe in 30 years I could become a millionaire and live off the site eh?
    yeah right.

    richard, Nov 17, 2013

  2. richard

    dorayme Guest

    If you become a billionaire in that time you can arrange to have
    flowers regularly adorn the graves of all who have helped you get
    there.

    dorayme, Nov 17, 2013

  3. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    hahahah. Bullshit.

    Let's see the link.
    As I said, it's going to take you DECADES. Anyone with experience
    would have it done in days.
    And maybe in 30 years, you'll have a dome home completed too.

    Evan Platt, Nov 18, 2013
  4. In other news, the continental USA has been attacked and completely
    overwhelmed by squadrons of Iranian aero-porcines.

    Denis McMahon, Nov 18, 2013
  5. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    I'd be willing to bet I found it.

    http://www.top40db.net/forum/?nStep=1&PostID=38743

    Don in Canada says
    "A 'friend' is just putting the finishing touches to this site
    mroldies.net/
    Far from done, it is still a work in progress

    He wants to put every charted Billboard song up! BALLS!!!!
    It's not very eye-candy driven, but for what it does...amazing"

    Doesn't look like "a few people" but the sky is a different color in
    bullis's world.

    Evan Platt, Nov 18, 2013
  6. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    There has been a *lot* of discussion about copyrights. RtS doesn't think that the copyright
    laws apply to him -- he's apparently under some delusions about "fair use" exemption.

    Doug Miller, Nov 19, 2013
  7. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    "Unlike other database sites, I am a legally licensed broadcaster so I
    can offer the actual tunes online. "

    I wonder what his belief of being a 'legally licensed broadcaster'
    entails.

    I'd bet he's 100% wrong.

    Evan Platt, Nov 19, 2013
  8. richard

    richard Guest

    see the US COpyright office. Look up infringement.
    my host said I needed a license to broadcast.
    I'm not about to give up mu work over the issue of a licemse and get
    slapped into court and wind up paying a huge fine for not having a license.

    richard, Nov 19, 2013
  9. richard

    richard Guest

    What makes you think I am violating copyright law?
    Just because someone slapped "copyright" on a web page doesn't mean it is.
    Lists can not be copyrighted.
    There is nothing on my site that is copyright protected by Billboard.
    That is why I have a license. So I can legally broadcast the music.

    And yes, "fair use" can be applied.
    But since you seem to be a copyright attorney, why don't you file charges
    against me and take me to court?

    richard, Nov 19, 2013
  10. richard

    richard Guest

    what in particular are you asking about?

    richard, Nov 19, 2013
  11. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    And that my friends is proof bullis doesn't understand how copyright
    laws work.

    Evan Platt, Nov 19, 2013
  12. richard

    richard Guest

    ASCAP and BMI.
    BMI=Broadcast Music Inc.
    ASCAP=American Society of Composers, Authors and Producers.
    Each author belongs to one or the other.
    You pay an annual fee for the legal right to air the music.
    Every radio station pays the same fees for the same rights.
    You can also get a "blanket" license from the Library of Congress.

    With ASCAP they want a quarterly report showing which songs were played
    during that time so the artists or authors can get paid.
    How that part works I have no idea.

    In the music industry, artists are paid first by the sale of a record.
    Then they are paid by a "performance", and that is defined by law as merely
    broadcasting the song.

    Then there is another type of license called "mechanical" which is for when
    you want to include the song with a video.That is obtained from the
    producer or label of the song.

    Both ASCAP and BMI websites have a page explaining the "blanket" license.
    Or as they call it, "new media".

    richard, Nov 19, 2013
  13. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    The literally hundreds of audio files of copyrighted music you have there.
    Wrong again.
    Wrong again.
    That may or may not be true...
    Oh, you have, have you? When did that magically happen, after all these years of insisting
    that you didn't need to do anything? How much do you pay ASCAP and RIAA in royalties?
    No, it can't.
    You don't understand *anything* about the legal system, do you?
    1) There are no "charges" to be filed, because you're not committing a crime. Infringing a
    copyright is a civil offense.
    2) Since it's not *my* copyright that you're infringing, I have no standing to take any legal
    action against you, because I'm not being harmed by your infringement of a copyright
    belonging to someone else.
    3) I imagine that, in due time, those "someone elses" whose copyrights you are infringing
    will notice that, and then they will take you to court -- at which time their attorneys and the
    judge will explain to you how copyright law works.

    Doug Miller, Nov 19, 2013
  14. richard

    richard Guest

    and if you get a response, they will tell you that I have paid my dues to
    them.
    my host is satisfied that I have the licenses.
    I could care less what you're pathetic little opinion is.

    wassamatter bunky? did you get sued over copyright infringement?

    richard, Nov 20, 2013
  15. richard

    dorayme Guest

    Let's not! Surely this sort of thing lowers the tone of this
    potentially useful newsgroup. Why encourage the lynch mob mentality
    that is always present in usenet?

    dorayme, Nov 20, 2013
  16. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    No, he doesn't. He's said before "If you believe I have child porn on
    my computer, go to your court and file charges against me for it."

    Evan Platt, Nov 20, 2013
  17. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    Your host doesn't care.
    Maybe you should look up the difference between could and couldn't.

    Evan Platt, Nov 20, 2013
  18. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    Really? Please provide a link to where I can get a license from the
    Library of Congress.
    But you have a license from ASCAP. So you need to have a way to tell
    them how much you broadcasted.

    So which is it?

    Evan Platt, Nov 20, 2013
  19. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    And the difference between you're and your.

    Doug Miller, Nov 20, 2013
  20. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    That too :)