MS web.ui.webcontrols.dll - not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rog, Sep 23, 2004.

  1. Rog

    Rog Guest

    Hello,

    I went to

    url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-
    usingtreeviewiewebcontrol.asp

    and saved down the TreeviewControl.msi file and also
    IEwebcontrols.exe and ran the install in build.bat files.
    I manually pointed to the cse.exe file in build.bat but
    the webcontrols.dll never showed up until I ran install on
    TreeviewControl.msi which gave me a C# app code with the
    dll, but I can't open the project - says I am missing web
    components - which I am not. Anyone every try these
    controls? Advice on how to set it/them up correctly?

    Better yet, my goal is to create a hierarchical type
    listbox, listview thing on my asp app. Any suggestions
    the best way to do this?

    Thanks,
    Rog

    Rog, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Rog

    Hermit Dave Guest

    from a previous post of mine

    Do the following
    1) Start >> Programs >> Visual Studio.net 2003
    inside you will find visual studio command prompt

    2) now that you are on command prompt (the reason you need to use this is
    that the correct paths are set to enable comiplation)
    browse to the directory where you installed files

    3) open the readme and go through it

    4) first step is to execute Build.bat (i think you are opening it from
    explorer)

    5) copy the files to inetput (you have xcopy syntax you need to use in the
    Readme file)

    hope this help

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Rog

    Rog Guest

    Thanks for your reply. And I appologize if this sound
    lame, but how do you access the command prompt from
    VS.Net? Is this different than if I went to a dos window
    command prompt?

    And yes, I clicked on build.bat from explorer.

    Rog, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Rog

    Rog Guest

    Well, I figured out how to use the VS.Net command prompt,
    but now I am getting this error message that the path to
    csc.exe cannot be found. Here is build1.bat (where I hard
    coded the path to csc.exe)

    @if "%_echo%"=="" echo off

    if not exist build mkdir build

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.Net\Frameworkd\v1.1.4322
    \csc.exe /out:build\Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll
    @IEWebControls.rsp

    xcopy src\Runtime build\Runtime /E /Y /I /Q

    I know csc.exe is in this path because I did a search on
    that, and this is what I came up with. But the message
    also said that 42 files were copied. So that part
    worked. Note: I did not install this at C:\Program
    Files\IE... Any suggestions appreciated.

    Rog, Sep 23, 2004
  5. Rog

    Rog Guest

    Nevermind. I found my error "Frameworkd" I removed the
    d and it worked.

    Rog, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Rog

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Glad you got it working and sorry for not replying earlier - sleep time...
    anyho have fun

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 24, 2004
  7. Rog

    EmilyLeeParsons

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm getting Access Denied whenever I run the batch file from Visual Studio it says that the c:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\IEWebControls.rsp file doesn't exist Thanks Emily

    EmilyLeeParsons, Jan 25, 2012