ms.web.ui.webcontrols sample still not working

Rog

Hello,

Yesterday I downloaded IEwebcontrols.exe and
TreeviewControl.msi

from

url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-
usingtreeviewiewebcontrol.asp

I followed all the readme instructions, compiled the
ms.we.ui.wecontrols.dll with build.bat from the vs.net
command prompt, did the xcopy thing to my root dir (from
the command prompt):

C:\WebControls\IE Web Controls>xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime
C:\Mywebroot\wwwroot
\webctrl_client\1_0 /y

, then I created a sample app at my root directory

C:\Myrootdir\wwwroot\sampleapp

using vs2003 (asp project using vb.net). Then I did the
xcopy thing for the samples dir that came with
IEwebcontrols.exe. (also from the command prompt)

C:\WebControls\IE Web Controls>xcopy /s /i .\Samples
C:\Mywebroot\wwwroot\sampleapp /y

Then I copied ms.web.ui.webcontrols.dll to the bin
directory of the sampleapp project. I even added one of
the sample aspx pages, treeview.aspx to the project and
then ran the project. I did not get the treeview effect.
All I got was one line of text

"My first Tree Node My Second Tree Node"

If anyone has an idea what I missed or what else I need to
do to make this work please share.

Thanks,
Rog

Rog

I took this a step further and added
ms.web.ui.webcontrols.dll to the components list and
added the treeview control to my application. So I
created a few root nodes and some childnodes from the
nodes collection of the treeview control. I set
checkbox=true, etc in the properties of the nodes
collection. When I ran the app, I still only got text
with no hierarchical separation. The control displays
hierachy in design view. But in the browser all I got was

RootNode0child1Node0
Child2Node0childofChild2Node0
RootNode1ChildofRootNode1

Is the control working but I am just not configuring it
correctly? It seems to work in design view but not in
runtime.