    I have to show data in grid like manner in the combobox.

    Please give me ne idea to create multicolumn comboBox.

    Thanx.

    NEWBIE, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 21, 2005

  3. NEWBIE

    NEWBIE Guest

    Thank you very much Steve for your reply. Actually I want to make a composite
    control by inheriting from the combo box control. I am not able to understand
    how to go about it. Can you plz help ?

    NEWBIE, Apr 21, 2005
  4. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 21, 2005
  5. NEWBIE

    NEWBIE Guest

    Thanx a lot steve. Yr article did help me a lot in understanding how to
    create a custom combo box.
    Is there any way autocomplete feature can be incorportaed into this control ?

    NEWBIE, Apr 21, 2005
  6. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 21, 2005
  7. NEWBIE

    NEWBIE Guest

    I did try andy's combo box but is there any way the same functionality can be
    added to your combo box ?
    On going through the code of andy's combo box, it appears that it needs
    some javascript functions. I couldnt find those functions. Also the code
    makes refernce to web.config file which is not there in the project.

    NEWBIE, Apr 22, 2005
  8. The javascript code is there, I've downloaded it and looked at it.
    Look harder.

    My control could be modified to provide the functionality you need, but it
    would require a good amount of elbow grease.

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 23, 2005
  9. NEWBIE

    NEWBIE Guest

    Hi Steve,
    Thanx for the reply. Yes the js code is there in the .resx
    file but there is no web.config file.

    If u go thrrough the code there is a property RefrenceLibraryUrl which
    returns a string variable. This property uses the web.config file.

    I did find a java script function on the net
    http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/autocomplete/source.html

    In your control you add some java script code for the visibility. Now I
    think the "elbow grease" would be to add a javascript code to search the text
    in the listbox or do i have to use the items.findtext ?
    Am I on right track ?

    Thanx

    NEWBIE, Apr 23, 2005
  10. NEWBIE

    NEWBIE Guest

    Thanx for your reply. I did found the code, it was in .resx file. But if you
    go thru the code there is a property which calls the configuration settings
    from web.config.

    I modified and added a datagrid to your code, but on load the grid lines of
    the datagrid are visible. How do I hide them ?

    NEWBIE, Apr 23, 2005