multipart/alternative mime format for smtp mail

c# newbie

System.Web.Mail.MailFormat

The enumerated values for MailFormat are:

Html

Text

How can I send a multipart/alternative format message ?

(where both an html and text version are contained)

Bill Priess

I don't think it is possible without writing a class that derives from the
MailMessage class and write in that functionality yourself.

Or, you could just send two messages, one for HTML, one for text... ;)

HTH,
Bill P.

c# newbie

I found an article with a class that doesn't use smtp or MailMessage but
offers multipart

I am trying right now to see if I can get it to work and then maybe switch
to that.

I think extending the MailMessage class would be a more elegant solution,
but I am not sure how to go about that.