multiple file upload+xmlHttpRequest

torso

Hi

Does someone know a good tutorial for multiple file upload with
xmlHttpRequest. I am trying to do directory upload. So I could choose
directorys and upload those to the server.

Another solution would be fake multiple file upload. It's takes only
address of directorys and after choosing few address, you could push
send button and PHP would do the rest.

Can someone help me to find solutions for this problem. Is it easy to
make javascript(using xmlHttpRequest I think) to get addresses.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

torso said:
Does someone know a good tutorial for multiple file upload with
xmlHttpRequest. I am trying to do directory upload. So I could choose
directorys and upload those to the server.

You could not, security precautions prevent this.
Another solution would be fake multiple file upload. It's takes only
address of directorys and after choosing few address, you could push
send button and PHP would do the rest.

Security precautions prevent this as well.
Can someone help me to find solutions for this problem.

<http://groups.google.com/groups/sea...uest+multiple+files+upload&scoring=d&filter=0>
Is it easy to make javascript(using xmlHttpRequest I think) to get
addresses.

If that is a question: no.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Gregor said:
torso meinte:

You can't. Period. All those multi-file uploaders nowadays use flash.

It would seem that depends on how one defines a "multi-file uploader".
Could you please elaborate on those uploaders that use Flash?
Who knows... It does *nothing* on my FF3.

WFM in Fx 3.0.1 on WinXP SP3 to the extent that I can select files
one-by-one which "hides" file inputs (position: absolute; top: -3000px) for
which I have selected a file, then creates a new empty file input in the
original place. If the form was submitted, all file inputs were submitted.
Say about jQuery all you want, but this one is not an entirely stupid approach.
No, wait! "object is undefined" in jquery-1.2.6.js line 725.

I cannot reproduce that. What have you done to get this error?

PointedEars

Henry

Gregor Kofler wrote:

I cannot reproduce that. What have you done to get this error?

For me, just loading the page in to IE 6 brings up the error message
"Line: 726; 'length' is null or not an object". Given IE's tendency to
report error line numbers at least one off the real line that looks
suspiciously like the same error on a different browser.

Gregor Kofler

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn meinte:
It would seem that depends on how one defines a "multi-file uploader".
Could you please elaborate on those uploaders that use Flash?

Perhaps flickr war one of the first sites to sport such a thing (well
hidden; "yuploadcomponent.swf"). From what I've read the client needs
Flash 8+.

Well, google gives me 300,000+ hits with "multiple file upload flash".

Perhaps this one
http://www.saschawenning.de/labor/flash8/fileUpload/
is among the rather lightweight ones.
WFM in Fx 3.0.1 on WinXP SP3 to the extent that I can select files
one-by-one which "hides" file inputs (position: absolute; top: -3000px) for
which I have selected a file, then creates a new empty file input in the
original place. If the form was submitted, all file inputs were submitted.

Ah. I was always expecting some "special" upload dialog (and never chose
anything) - yes, seems to be a simple, relatively hassle-free approach.
However, you are still stuck to "pick one file after another".
Say about jQuery all you want, but this one is not an entirely stupid approach.

The approach is simple and - I suppose - working on most current
browsers. The script itself is 16k, gives you the creeps upon reading,
and can be done with half the lines as well - without the 100k+ jQuery
sinker.
I cannot reproduce that. What have you done to get this error?

Opened the page.

Gregor

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Gregor said:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn meinte:
It would seem that depends on how one defines a "multi-file uploader".
Could you please elaborate on those uploaders that use Flash?

[...]
Well, google gives me 300,000+ hits with "multiple file upload flash".

Hence my asking :)
Perhaps this one
http://www.saschawenning.de/labor/flash8/fileUpload/
is among the rather lightweight ones.
Thanks.

The approach is simple and - I suppose - working on most current
browsers. The script itself is 16k, gives you the creeps upon reading,
and can be done with half the lines as well - without the 100k+ jQuery
sinker.

You are preaching to the choir, but you probably know that :)
Opened the page.

Confirmed. Note to self: You need to enable the Console of Firebug 1.2.x
for the site explicitly, otherwise the status bar indicates no errors or
warnings.

Regards,

PointedEars