Multiple File Uploads

Ryan Ternier

Hey,
Is there a way to upload multiple files with .net?

Currently, with the HTML way, you can uplaod 1 file at a time. We were
looking for a system where a user can select multiple files (hold CTRL /
Shift) down while selecting, then when they click Ok (from the dialogue), it
will populate a list box with all their files. Then they can click submit.

We want to allieviate them having to search for each file they want to
upload, and hopefully do it all in 1 step.

Has anyone attempted this, or is it doable?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Allen

Hi Ryan:

It's not possible without going beyond HTML.

You'll have to install software on the client machine (like an ActiveX
control, a .NET winforms control, a small executable) to upload the
files. There are some vendors who have written software to do the job,
but I don't have any recommendations.

Kevin Spencer

Currently, with the HTML way, you can uplaod 1 file at a time. We were
looking for a system where a user can select multiple files

All ASP.Net does is generate HTML on the client. 'Nuff said.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer