multitable datagrid update

Jim

I have a datagrid which has a dataset as it's datasource. The dataset
contains a join of a few tables.
In only want to update one of the tables in this join.
how can i do this?

ch Jim

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

You can explicitly specify that table and update it.. Or are you trying to
achieve a particular way of doin it?
HTHs...
R. Thomas

Jim

you mean define one dataset for the join and one for the specific table? but
how would the second adapter know which row(s) to update in the specific
table?

ch Jim

"R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" <[email protected]>
schreef in bericht

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

No what i mean is this :
You know the name of the table that you need to update right?
You also know the values that you need to update TO that table right?
So simply combine them and do a update...
Whats the problem?
You can extract the cols and the row you need from the dataset already...
HTHs....
P.S :If this post helped you, pls click yes on top of this post.Thanks
R. Thomas

R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net

how are u doin it? are u mapping the table directly to the dataset and
mapping it?
R. Thomas

Jim

ok i found that one as well but the problem is you spend a lot of time
coding the stred procedures call and evrything , i thought maybe there is a
faster way of programming it..
thanks

Jim