Mutex and Ruby Documentation Online

Sean O'Dell

I'm running into that mutex problem, where I need the same process to be able
to gain the same mutex lock at several places, and it's locking itself out
after the first lock. I really need to be able to call the lock recursively.
Is there any way to get this functionality? Also, is there documentation
being maintained somewhere online so I can look this sort of thing up myself?

Sean O'Dell

jbritt

Sean said:
I'm running into that mutex problem, where I need the same process to be able
to gain the same mutex lock at several places, and it's locking itself out
after the first lock. I really need to be able to call the lock recursively.
Is there any way to get this functionality? Also, is there documentation
being maintained somewhere online so I can look this sort of thing up myself?

You may want to poke around on http://www.ruby-doc.org

It hosts assorted Ruby documentation, including the Pick-axe book and an
extended version of ri:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/find/ri/Mutex

James Britt

Sean O'Dell

You may want to poke around on http://www.ruby-doc.org

It hosts assorted Ruby documentation, including the Pick-axe book and an
extended version of ri:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/find/ri/Mutex

Thanks a bunch! You know, I thought I couldn't possibly be so dense as to
miss that link, so I poked around at Ruby Garden and the Ruby home page and
sure enough, I didn't see it linked anywhere around there. Maybe someone
ought to put ruby-doc.org up on those pages, or make it more prominent?
Ruby-doc seems, to me, like one of (if not THE) the most fundamental sources
of information for Rubyists (advocacy and engine development aside).

Sean O'Dell

jbritt

Sean said:
Thanks a bunch! You know, I thought I couldn't possibly be so dense as to
miss that link, so I poked around at Ruby Garden and the Ruby home page and
sure enough, I didn't see it linked anywhere around there. Maybe someone
ought to put ruby-doc.org up on those pages, or make it more prominent?
Ruby-doc seems, to me, like one of (if not THE) the most fundamental sources
of information for Rubyists (advocacy and engine development aside).

There used to be a link to ruby-doc.org on the main page of
ruby-lang.org, but I see now it's gone.

There *is* a link on the main page of rubycentral.org (under
Community, on the left side; the link is "Ruby Documentation Project"),
as well as on rubygarden.org( under Ruby Links: "ruby-doc").

James