MX lookup using only asp.net library, without third components?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cleilton, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Cleilton

    Cleilton Guest

    Hello all,

    I have an apllication in ColdFusion that shows the MX record (mail host
    name) from a domain. I enter with the domain name (ex. microsoft.com) and
    the aplication return the mail server for that domain (ex.
    mail.microsoft.com).

    How can I make that using asp.net, only using dns classes or anything like
    this?
    But I won't to use any component :) .

    Thanks for your attention

    ===================
    Cleilton
    WebDeveloper (ASP,PHP,JSP)

    http://www.secrel.com.br
    MSN
    ===================

    Cleilton, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Cleilton

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Here's a sample that illustrates MX record retrieval:

    http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive43.html

    Cheers,

    Joerg Jooss, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Cleilton

    Cleilton Guest

    Thanks for your help Joerg :).
    I put the code on my aspx page and all worked very well.
    Thanks, thanks

    Cleilton (Web Developer)
    E-mail:
    ICQ: 5717343

    ---------------------------------

    Cleilton, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Cleilton

    ccsalway

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    New Code

    I have just written an ASP.NET generic handler to do just this (7 years too late)

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-dns-name-with-system-net-dns/7546721#7546721

    ccsalway, Sep 25, 2011