"Named Pipes Provider: The network path was not found" error

xz

I just installed Visual web dev. 2005 beta 1. I've never used the lite
SQL server 2005 database, so I decided to try it out. From the Visual
web dev. I selected 'create new sql server database' from data
connections (on the rt hand side). I tried both using windows NT
integrated security, & also specifying a userid & password... nothing
works. When I hit OK, it gives an error "Named Pipes Provider: The
network path was not found".

I checked and made sure that the SERVER service was running. It is. The
only thing I disabled was Messenger, Indexing, Routing & Remote Access,
Help & Support & Error Reporting Service. I don't think lacking any of
those services would produce this error? Anyone else have any ideas.

Maybe this product, Visual Web Dev (beta 1), is just buggy and doesn't
allow you to create a new database?

Thanks, Jason Shohet