native executable & jre

Sue

If I convert a .jre file to a windows native executable .exe then do I
need to (1) link the .exe to the .jre, or (2) put the ,exe and .jre in
the same folder? Thank you very much!

Andrew Thompson

If I convert a .jre file to a windows native executable .exe then do I
need to (1) link the .exe to the .jre,

No, generally the .exe makers include a JRE or the parts
needed, and install it silently.
..or (2) put the ,exe and .jre in
the same folder?

No. See the first answer.
Thank you very much!

You're welcome. For links to more information on native exe's
and the case against them, check here..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exe>

Vit

Sue said:
If I convert a .jre file to a windows native executable .exe then do I
need to (1) link the .exe to the .jre, or (2) put the ,exe and .jre in
the same folder? Thank you very much!

Just one more useful link to native executables producing tool.
(By the way, it provides an installer for Java programs that can solve
your another installation problem mentioned in another thread)
http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jet.html

Vit
Excelsior,LLC