NC-Verilog hdl.var problem?

Davy

Hi all,

I am a NC-Verilog newbie and confused with NC-Verilog's file.

In cds.lib, map logical lib name to physical location
DEFINE ic_lib /lsi_lib

Why map again in hdl.var?
DEFINE WORK worklib
DEFINE LIB_MAP (myfile.v => mylib, ./cell_lib => techlib, + => worklib)

Does "myfile.v => mylib" means compile myfile.v to mylib?
And what's "+ => worklib" mean in LIB_MAP?

Best regards,
Davy

Ajeetha

In cds.lib, map logical lib name to physical location
hdl.var --> Defines HDL Variables such as:

WORK
Tool options (NCVHDLOPTS, NCELABOPTS, NCVLOGOPTS, NCSIMOPTS etc.)
Files to library maps

Read that from a VHDL perspective - one can have several libraries and
have different design units compiled to different libraries. For that
you need a mechanism to associate which files go to which library.

This specifies a default WORK for you. Again little VHDL centric - VHDL
needs a WORK to compile any thing. One can override this with command
line -work option. Note that the "worklib" above is a LOGICAL name and
that must be defined by a cds.lib to a physical directory.

Slowly becoming a NC expert you are :)

Any other file goes there - i..e like "*" in regular expressions,
default in a Verilog case statement etc.

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com