Need Help with Control Selection

Kristen

I am using ASP.Net 2.0 and I need to display information in a grid type
format and the user needs the ability to expand certain rows to display
related child records. I was wondering if I should use a datagrid or
maybe just an HTML table (server or client side) with text boxes and
labels with javascript to colapse the rows. Can anyone point me in the
right direction? Thanks!

HeavyMetal

The solution I came up with was to use a repeater to create the grid
format, with Link Buttons to expand/collapse all or individual rows. On
an expand, i captured the Repeaters ItemCommand event and reloaded the
Repeater data and set a private variable holding a key for the specific
child data needed. Finally, on the Repeater's ItemDataBound, i load the
repeater and the child data into a GridView. I also keep track of which
rows were previously expanded and collapsed.

I am also using Atlas so the page does not "blink" with the postback
for the expansion or collapse.

If you need more specific info, let me know. Good Luck.