Need Help

pycraze

Hi ,

I am currently working on NTLM (Windows NT Lan Manager) APS
(Authentication Proxy Server ) . NTLM is MS own proprietary protocol
that will allow successful authentication for only MS browsers .

NTLM APS was successfully cracked by Rosmanov and i am working
on NTLM APS python package version 0.98 . I am currently on it to
port to C language .

I have a specific issue on the authentication technique which
this APS uses . NTLM APS python package ver 0.98 uses two major types
of authentication process

1) DES
2) MD4 .

The author has clearly stated that he has adopted both the above
python implementations from Python Cryptology Toolkit ( py-crypto)
version 2.0.1 . I started to use the DES C implementation of py-crypto
so that i can have an equivalent DES python implementation without
breaking a sweat . ;-)

But both the implementation was totally different . I am getting
different hashed outputs . I compared each byte value of password from
python DES implementation and C implementation , both were not same .

Is anyone out there, can tell me why they are different .
Also i found that the key generation is different between them and
i suspect because of this the outputs are different ? So can this be
that the C implementation of DES in py-crypto had bugs and that it had
been corrected by Rozmanov and implemented in python ?

Also will there be any difference in implementing DES b/w python
and C language ?

Thanks,

Dennis