Need info:

Sean Holt

Hello,
What I need to do is to have a Perl script on one server, which
access another script on a different server through an HTTP request.
Now, this is the simple part. What I need to do is make the request
from the persons IP/Host, not the servers. So basically it would look
like this :

User connects to my server.
my server connects to 3rd party host/script.
3rd party host/script needs to see that users IP/hostnane, not my
servers.

I don't even know if I explained this well. Or if this is even
possible to do.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Tbanks,
Sean

gnari

Sean Holt said:
Hello,
What I need to do is to have a Perl script on one server, which
access another script on a different server through an HTTP request.
Now, this is the simple part. What I need to do is make the request
from the persons IP/Host, not the servers. So basically it would look
like this :

User connects to my server.
my server connects to 3rd party host/script.
3rd party host/script needs to see that users IP/hostnane, not my
servers.

a) this is not a perl question, as the answer would be the same if
you did this in another language.

b) the www newsgroups would be a more likely place to get a
knowledgeable answer

c) you cannot do this as you describe it.

gnari