Need Python Pro for Help!! Plzz

blah

Need python Pro at (e-mail address removed) , if u wanna help, plz
reply to that address. We are python beginners. need a real good
Python Programmer for Help. TIA!!

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lasse_V=E5gs=E6ther_Karlsen?=

Need python Pro at (e-mail address removed) , if u wanna help, plz
reply to that address. We are python beginners. need a real good
Python Programmer for Help. TIA!!

If you need help, post questions to the newsgroups. That way you might
get help from several people instead of just one.

Ruben Charles

A stranger from the land of Woot came to Master Foo as he was eating
the morning meal with his students.

"I hear y00 are very l33t," he said. "Pl33z teach m3 all y00 know."

Master Foo's students looked at each other, confused by the stranger's
barbarous language. Master Foo just smiled and replied: "You wish to
learn the Way of Unix?"

"I want to b3 a wizard hax0r," the stranger replied, "and 0wn ever3one's b0xen."

"I do not teach that Way," replied Master Foo.

http://www.catb.org/~esr//writings/unix-koans/script-kiddie.html

Alex Hunsley

Need python Pro at (e-mail address removed) , if u wanna help,

1) Why would anyone want to help you when you're not even willing to
spend the (small) time and effort to spell simple words like "you"
correctly or make sure your post actually makes sense? Start by helping
yourself and writing english. Then you'd look less like a script kiddie.

2) Why should someone willing to help you enter into a private email
discussion? Newsgroups like this exist to help people, and by it being a
public forum, many more people can benefit from knowledge available
here. If you asked your questions here, you'd be more likely to get
answers, and many more people than yourself could benefit from the help
that might result.

Fredrik Lundh

Alex said:
2) Why should someone willing to help you enter into a private email
discussion? Newsgroups like this exist to help people

looks like "Fan" wants to run his own group:

http://groups.google.com/group/newtopython/about

"There are no experts or PHD's, all are simple users, even i also am
new to python. So. forget com.lang.python if ur new to python."

if someone feels that the huge number of PhD experts on comp.lang.python
can be a bit overwhelming, my recommendation is to check out this list:

</F>

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Alex Hunsley

Gerhard said:
Alex said:
Need python Pro at (e-mail address removed) , if u wanna help,

[...]
2) Why should someone willing to help you enter into a private email
discussion? [...]

Actually, it's a Google Group mailing list (formerly eGroups):

http://groups.google.de/group/newtopython?lnk=sg&hl=de

ah, I obviously didn't look closely enough at what appeared to be just
an email address!
Maybe the people who set it up didn't know that there is perfectly good
mailing list for the same topic already:

Didn't know about that one, thanks.

Alex Hunsley

Fredrik said:
Alex Hunsley wrote:

looks like "Fan" wants to run his own group:

http://groups.google.com/group/newtopython/about

"There are no experts or PHD's, all are simple users, even i also am
new to python. So. forget com.lang.python if ur new to python."

My apologies to the OP for assuming he was wanting to have a private one
on one email discussion. Setting up a community is a more commendable
thign to do.

Alex Hunsley

Alex said:
My apologies to the OP for assuming he was wanting to have a private one
on one email discussion. Setting up a community is a more commendable
thign to do.

On the other hand, a group for learning that has no experts in it may
tend to produce "what works" style of programming as oppsoed to "what is
a good idea or practise".

Magnus Lycka

Alex said:
My apologies to the OP for assuming he was wanting to have a private one
on one email discussion.

There are certainly times when it's appropriate to request private
assistance, and I personally think it's ok to make such a request
available in this forum, but maybe I'm not representative for the
community. It didn't look like a serious RFQ though. ;^)
Setting up a community is a more commendable thign to do.

On the other hand, joining one that already exists and seems to cover
the same subject is probably more practical. I guess the tutor mailing
list has a non-obvious name, but it seems to be just what the doctor
ordered in this case. I think additional fora like this google group do
more harm than good. It's one thing if it covers a need that isn't well
covered elsewhere, for instance Python discussion in some other language
than English (Essemessese?) or some particular aspect of Python
programming, but last time I looked, tutor was an excellent newbie
resource.

As on comp.lang.python, the python-tutor sub-culture seems to favour
spelled-out words in English in contrast to e.g. SMS style though. I
guess the general idea is to make it as easy as possible for those who
are to read and answer the questions. They do enough unpaid work anyway.

Ruben Charles

On the other hand, a group for learning that has no experts in it may
tend to produce "what works" style of programming as oppsoed to "what is
a good idea or practise".

What is better?

Good practise doesn't work better?

Magnus Lycka

Ruben said:
What is better?

It's better if programs work by design and not just by accident.

There is of course a risk that "experts" talk above the heads
of newbies, and that newbies feel uncomfortable exposing their
lack of knowledge to much better programmers, but I think the
Tutor mailing list has shown over and over that it's quite
possible for very good Python programmers to help complete
newbies get up to speed with Python fairly quickly.

So, the answer is still: