need some help - urgent

Guest

on my win 2000 server i'm starting to get an error

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files

when i try to run my asp.net web apps. I followed the steps in MSDN article
- 811320 and still getting it. Any other suggestions on what could be causing
this and how to fix it?

Guest

I figured it out. After some more poking around the server I discovered the
ASP.NET id was locked out and disabled.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

In most cases, it is lacking permissions on the ASP.NET temp folder under
the Framework directory of choice. It could also be that a specific account
was chosen to run the ASP.NET worker process (in machine.config) and that
account's password has changed, meaning you have to edit the file.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Kevin Spencer

Are you sure that

1. You granted all the rights in the article?
2. You granted these rights to the correct User account? (ASP.Net can
run under any user account)

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer