    tree.

    chdir? Something like cd .. would be nice

    Thank you.

    John, Sep 25, 2003

  2. John

    Kris Wempa Guest

    I'm not sure if the Perl chdir() function accepts a ".." argument. If it
    does, you can do:

    chdir("..");

    to go up a directory. If not, you will have to do something such as:

    $currdir = `pwd`; chomp $currdir; # gets current directory
    $currdir =~ s/ \/[^\/]+$//; # removes the last / and everything after it
    chdir($currdir);

    That's a very crude example where I'm not doing things like checking return
    values or making sure we are not already in the root directory. However,
    that's the general idea.

    Kris Wempa, Sep 25, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest