    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Matt

    Matty J, May 17, 2008

  2. Juan T. Llibre, May 17, 2008

  3. Matty J

    Matty J Guest

    Thanks Juan.

    I'm confused - is that not the same code as in my example?

    When I compile my project using Visual Studio 2008 it tells me:
    Warning
    1 'System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.JavaScriptSerializer()'
    is obsolete: 'The recommended alternative is
    System.Runtime.Serialization.DataContractJsonSerializer.' C:\inetpub
    \Website\members\default.aspx.cs 53 32 WebProject

    Any further ideas?
    Cheers
    Matt

    Matty J, May 20, 2008
  4. re:
    !> obsolete

    Obsolete ?

    Even ScottGu wonders why :

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...-a-tojson-extension-method-using-net-3-5.aspx

    Read the sample code there, as well, as the user comments and Scott's replies.

    Also, note that "obsolete' doesn't mean you can't use it, even if you get a warning.

    <quote>
    The JavaScriptSerializer is currently marked obsolete - although I'm
    not sure why (was going to ask someone about this today). It is very handy.

    Note that obsolete doesn't mean removal in .NET 3.5
    - it will be supported at least another version or two (or longer if I can convince them <g>)
    </quote>

    Your code should work...with a warning.

    Juan T. Llibre, May 20, 2008
  5. Matty J

    Matty J Guest

    Great, thanks Juan, that's what I needed to know.
    Cheers
    Matt

    Matty J, May 21, 2008