.NET controls rendering

Guest

Hi,
A question I always had: is ASP.NET smart enough to render the appropriate
HTML tags, JScript code and meta tags based on the client browser? I'm
referring to HTML code generated by ASP.NET Web Controls and by various .NET
classes.

Thank you

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The answer is yes and no.
ASP.NET is smart enough to vary the output to different browsers so that it
won't emit HTML that the recieving browser (or device) doesn't support.
However, that doesn't mean that the page will appear perfectly the same in
every browser. In fact, you can almost be guaranteed that it won't. You
need to decide which browsers you're going to support and then test with
those browsers and tweak the output of your page as necessary.