.NET Framework 1.1

Marcelo

We have updated our web server to use .NET Framework 1.1
and we have re-compiled our web services under .NET
Framework 1.1

We have found that the web methods fields DO NOT appear
when browsing the asmx page. In other words, the labels
and the text boxes we used to see after clicking on a web
method are no longer there.

Any ideas?

Marcelo

Hello Yanhong and thank you for your response. That was
exactly it. I ended up adding the following lines to the
app. Web.config file

<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>

and it works fine now.

Can I ask you another question (related topic). Every
time we browse the the production web server to access
the Web Services, we get the following error:

Compilation Error

a resource required to service this request. Please
review the following specific error details and modify
your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1595: 'System.IO.StringWriter'
is defined in multiple places; using definition
from 'C:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705
\mscorlib.dll'

Source Error:

Line 45: OperationBinding httpPostOperationBinding;
Line 46: Operation httpPostOperation;
Line 47: StringWriter writer;
Line 48: MemoryStream xmlSrc;
Line 49: XmlTextWriter xmlWriter;

Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705
\Config\DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx Line: 47