Net::IMAP

Tom Allison

How do you get a list of the folders available?
And how do you identify the seperator on the server?
I know that some use '.' and others use '/'
It would be nice to be able to interrogate the system before hand.

Eric Hodel

How do you get a list of the folders available?

You want #list. Read RFC 3501 [1] 6.3.8 if the Net::IMAP
documentation isn't complete.
And how do you identify the seperator on the server?
I know that some use '.' and others use '/'

There isn't a separator. LIST will give you mailbox names.
It would be nice to be able to interrogate the system before hand.

Look at IMAPCleanse [2] for an example of Net::IMAP usage.

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3501.html
[2] http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb

Matt Rose

There isn't a separator. LIST will give you mailbox names.

actually, the LIST command returns the hierarchy separator, as well,
check out section 7.2.2 of the RFC

Matt

--
Eric Hodel - (e-mail address removed) - http://blog.segment7.net