Net::Telnet in a foreach loop

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by HC, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. HC

    HC Guest

    Hi all,

    I wrote a script and I can nog get the errmode to work right but before I
    start asking questions on the errmode problem I wanted to ask another
    question first.

    When doing a script using Net::Telnet to telnet to several hosts where would
    the $obj = Net::Telnet->new( ) be placed in the foreach loop?

    $obj = Net::Telnet->new( );
    foreach $host (@hosts) {
    $obj->open($host);
    #do your login and cmd's here
    }

    OR

    foreach $host (@hosts){
    $obj = Net::Telnet->new( );
    $obj->open($host);
    #do loging and cmd's here
    }

    I asume that using the wrong method might be a reason for the errmode not to
    work right. I am using the first method described right now...

    Thanks for the help.

    HC

    HC, Apr 13, 2005