newb question: does a return visit to an asp.net page mean that...

xerj

....the page delivered is always refreshed?

Or does the browser display what's in the cache?

Thanks in advance.

xerj

Hmmm.

Once again, a newbie question and I'm sorry if this isn't the place, but how
do I make it so that a visitor to the site sees an updated page when they
get there?

For instance, I have my browser set to "Automatic", but for the site I have
up, whenever I update it, I ALWAYS have to press refresh (or sometimes
ctr-ref) for the new page to display. This happens even when I have the
browser set to "Always Update".

What am I doing wrong?

Martha[MSFT]

What browser are you using? IE? If so, instead of setting it to
"automatically" set it to "Every visit to the page" and it should get a
fresh copy everytime you access the page. You probably already know it, but
the setting I am talking about is
Tools->InternetOptions->TemporaryInternetFiles(Click On "Settings").

Hope this helps.

xerj

Yup, that's what I'm doing with IE, but even when I set it to "every visit",
when I change a page at my site it still requires me to press refresh for
the new page to come up.

Anyway, I don't want to clog up this group with questions not about asp.net.
I'll ask elsewhere. Thank you for the help, however.