NewBee help with HashMaps

Discussion in 'Java' started by psmith, Feb 25, 2007.

  1. psmith

    psmith Guest

    Ok - I am really stuck on this. I have managed to create a Hashmap
    that holds student names and will hold scores of coursework, and it
    will finally give them a grade.

    I now have to:

    /**
    * Asks the user to enter the marks for all the students for the given
    tma.
    * It should check that the tma number provided as the argument is
    valid
    * but it can assume that the marks entered by the user are valid.
    */

    I am getting no where - error messages all the time. Can anybody
    point me in the right direction.
    Firstly my two classes are Student and TutorGroup. When I create a
    new TutorGroup (using blueJ) - I can see attribute - students. click
    on students - it shows key (students name) - type java.util.map -
    click on the student and I can see their respective details :
    attribute (name) with its value"Billy"(type string) and attribute
    (tma) with is value 0(int).

    How do I use this line:

    public void enterMarksForTMA(int tma)

    to complete the above.

    I have received no end of error messages. I have tried a keySet but
    have only managed to get it to display Name[0,0]X instead of just
    their name.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Paul

    psmith, Feb 25, 2007

  2. psmith

    Oliver Wong Guest

    Might be easier if you actually state the error message you are
    receiving.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Feb 27, 2007